BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
Face to Face
52 including holidays
Total weeks 52 including holidays
Tuition weeks 36
Total Number of units
Total Number of units: 12
Core units: 6
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They may plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
BSBCMM511 – Communicate with influence
BSBCRT511 – Develop critical thinking in others
BSBLDR523 – Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
BSBOPS502 – Manage business operational plans
BSBPEF502 – Develop and use emotional intelligence
BSBTWK502 – Manage team effectiveness
BSBFIN501 – Manage budgets and financial plans
BSBLDR522 – Manage people performance
BSBOPS503 – Develop administrative systems
BSBOPS504 – Manage business risk
BSBOPS505 – Manage organisational customer service
BSBTWK503 – Manage meetings
Evidence gathering technique used for this course:
- Direct observation, role-plays written/verbal questioning, interviews and self-evaluations, case studies, projects, assignments are used to assess required knowledge and skills
- Combination of practical and written exercises.
The further study pathways available to learners who undertake this qualification include:
- BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
Employment pathways are available to students who complete this qualification in:
- Corporate General Manager
- Business And Management
The specific course entry requirements are:
- All students entering this course must be over 18 and have completed Year 12 or its equivalent or certificate III or IV part of BSB package or other relevant qualification prior to entering into this course. Candidates will be made aware of the specific skills that underpin the outcomes and performance requirements of the course units to ensure they are capable of demonstrating competence prior to entering the course.
- Students with no formal qualifications are required to successfully complete the LLN test and meet with the Manager to be admitted.
- Overseas students must demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
- Overseas students can only enrol face to face 20 hours per week.
Business Leadership Institute Australia
Level 5, 9 Wentworth Street
Parramatta, NSW 2150