BSB40120 - Certificate IV in Business
Face to Face
52 including holidays
Total weeks 52 including holidays
Tuition weeks 36
Total Number of units
Total Number of units: 12
Core units: 6
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles. These individuals may have supervisory performance accountabilities.
Individuals in these roles carry out a mix of specialist and moderately complex administrative or operational tasks that require self-development skills. They use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base to apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others.
BSBCRT411 – Apply critical thinking to work practices
BSBTEC404 – Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
BSBTWK401 – Build and maintain business relationships
BSBWHS411 – Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
BSBWRT411 – Write complex documents
BSBXCM401 – Apply communication strategies in the workplace
BSBCMM411 – Make presentations
BSBMKG433 – Undertake marketing activities
BSBOPS401 – Coordinate business resources
BSBOPS405 – Organise business meetings
BSBPEF401 – Manage personal health and wellbeing
BSBPEF403 – Lead personal development
Evidence gathering technique used for this course:
- Direct observation, role-plays written/verbal questioning, interviews and self-evaluations, case studies, projects, assignments are used to assess required knowledge and skills
- Combination of practical and written exercises.
The further study pathways available to learners who undertake this qualification include:
- BSB50120 Diploma of Business
Employment pathways are available to students who complete this qualification in:
- Personal Assistant,
- Office Administrator,
- Sustainability Manager,
- Sales Assistant,
- Sustainability Officer,
- Trade Coordinator,
- Exporter, Importer,
- Assistant Records Manager,
- Customer service assistant,
- All students entering this course must have completed Year 10 or equivalent qualification.
- Overseas students must demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
- Students with no formal qualifications are required to successfully complete the LLN test and meet with the General Manager to be admitted.
- Overseas students can only enroll face to face 20 hours per week.
Business Leadership Institute Australia
Suite 3, Level 12
22 Market Street
Sydney, NSW 2000